Trending
Sports

La Liga Atlético Madrid CEO to Protect Julián Álvarez Amid Transfer Rumours

La Liga Atlético Madrid CEO to Protect Julián Álvarez Amid Transfer Rumours

Daniel Momodu · · 49
La Liga Atlético Madrid CEO to Protect Julián Álvarez Amid Transfer Rumours


Atlético Madrid chief executive Miguel Ángel Gil Marín has reiterated the club’s determination to keep forward Julián Álvarez amid renewed transfer rumours surrounding the Argentine.

Álvarez has continued to attract interest from top European clubs, but Atlético have maintained that the 27-year-old is not for sale.

The club’s position has been strengthened by Gil Marín’s preference to retain the forward as an important part of Diego Simeone’s squad.

Recent reports had suggested that Atlético could reconsider their stance following developments in the squad, including Alexander Sørloth’s impending move to Fenerbahçe and continued speculation over Álvarez’s future.

However, the Madrid club remains keen to keep the Argentine forward, who has established himself as one of the team’s most important attacking players.

Álvarez has been central to Atlético’s recent campaigns, including their run to the UEFA Champions League semi-finals, where he scored against Arsenal in the first leg.

The club’s determination to retain him has also influenced its transfer plans, with Atlético previously turning down an approach for Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen because Álvarez was considered unavailable.

The Argentine’s continued presence is expected to remain important to Simeone as Atlético prepare for another campaign in La Liga and European competition.

Share this story

Comments (0)

  1. Be the first to share your thoughts.

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.

Not published.

Related stories

EPL Watkins, Martinez Could Leave Aston Villa, Says Emery Sports

EPL Watkins, Martinez Could Leave Aston Villa, Says Emery

Aston Villa manager Unai Emery has admitted that Ollie Watkins and Emiliano Martínez could leave the club this summer. Watkins has attracted offers from Saudi Pro League side Al Hilal, while Martínez has expressed his desire for a new challenge.

Aug 21, 2026