Trending
Sports

Tyson Fury Claims Anthony Joshua Fight in Serious Doubt After Rival Asked For More Money

Tyson Fury casts fresh doubt on Anthony Joshua showdown, blaming a dispute over money and venue for the fight’s uncertainty.

Damilare Adebayo · · 36
Tyson Fury Claims Anthony Joshua Fight in Serious Doubt After Rival Asked For More Money

Tyson Fury has cast fresh doubt on his proposed heavyweight showdown with fellow Briton Anthony Joshua, claiming the fight may not happen because of an ongoing dispute over money and the venue.

The highly anticipated all-British bout had been pencilled in for November and was expected to rank among the biggest fights in British boxing history.

However, negotiations have reportedly stalled over whether the contest should be staged in the United Kingdom or the United States.

Joshua and his promoter, Eddie Hearn, are pushing to honour an agreement for the fight to take place in the UK, while Saudi organisers and other stakeholders favour Madison Square Garden in New York.

Speaking on social media, Fury blamed Joshua’s camp for the latest uncertainty, claiming they were demanding more money.

“Doesn’t look like they’re going to sign the fight and it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen all because Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua want more money,” Fury said.

Hearn has previously explained that staging the fight in the United States could have significant tax implications for Joshua and potentially leave the former world champion with less money than he would earn from a UK event.

Fury reacted angrily, criticising Joshua and Hearn over the dispute and questioning Joshua’s willingness to face him.

The former heavyweight champion added that he would move on and pursue another opponent if the Joshua fight collapses.

“I’ll move on and fight somebody else but just know you never had the guts to fight Tyson Fury, ever,” Fury said.

The proposed bout is backed by Saudi organisers and is expected to be broadcast globally by Netflix, with New York currently among the leading venue options.

However, no final agreement has been reached on the location or financial terms.

Despite Fury’s latest comments, Hearn has previously insisted that negotiations remain active and that Joshua remains interested in facing Fury.

The disagreement over the venue and financial arrangements, however, has once again placed the long-awaited heavyweight clash in doubt.


Share this story

Comments (0)

  1. Be the first to share your thoughts.

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.

Not published.

Related stories

EPL Arsenal May Sell Long-Serving Players, Says Arteta Sports

EPL Arsenal May Sell Long-Serving Players, Says Arteta

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says the club may have to make difficult decisions over the futures of some long-serving players, stressing that such discussions should be handled with honesty and transparency. He said players who no longer feel important or want a new chapter may need to leave, while Arsenal will seek to preserve their relationships and respect.

Aug 21, 2026