APC Makes U-Turn, Clears Ben Murray-Bruce, Four Others for Senatorial Primary
APC Makes U-Turn, Clears Ben Murray-Bruce, Four Others for Senatorial Primary
The All Progressives Congress has reversed part of its earlier decision on aspirants barred from participating in its senatorial primaries, removing five names — including former senator Ben Murray-Bruce — from the updated list released on Monday.
The revised document, signed by APC National Publicity Secretary Felix Morka, reduced the number of affected aspirants from 47 to 44. However, the party did not provide any explanation for the sudden changes.
In a statement accompanying the updated list, Morka said the APC remained committed to maintaining transparency and orderliness throughout the primary election process.
“The All Progressives Congress hereby releases an updated list of Senatorial aspirants not cleared to participate in the Party’s Senate Primary Elections,” the statement read.
Murray-Bruce, who previously represented Bayelsa East Senatorial District in the National Assembly, had appeared on the earlier disqualification list released only hours before the revised version emerged.
Also removed from the updated list were Chimzobam Kingsley Nnalue, Gyang Yaya Zi San, Napoleon Binkap Bah, and Usman Ephraim Gar.
Meanwhile, the party added two new names to the revised list. Ibrahim Bala from Nasarawa West was listed as “not cleared,” while Abdulkarim Abubakar Kana was recorded as having voluntarily withdrawn from the race.
The APC also updated the status of several aspirants previously marked as “not cleared.” Benson S. Agadaga and Donald Daunemigita were reclassified as voluntary withdrawals, while Garba Musa Mai Doki was listed as having defected from the party.
Others affected in the updated list included aspirants from Rivers, Oyo, Zamfara, Nasarawa, Cross River, Delta, Taraba, Jigawa and Adamawa states, many of whom were marked “not cleared” ahead of the APC senatorial primaries.
Related stories
News
ICPC Refutes Allegations of Denying El-Rufai Access to Food, Medication, Family
ICPC Refutes Allegations of Denying El-Rufai Access to Food, Medication, Family
News
NDLEA Warns of Rising Drug Threat, Unveils New Control Plan
NDLEA Warns of Rising Drug Threat, Unveils New Control Plan
News
Tinubu Says Oyo Teacher’s Murder Barbaric, Orders Victims’ Rescue
Tinubu Says Oyo Teacher’s Murder Barbaric, Orders Victims’ Rescue
News
FRSC Cracks Down on Fake Diplomatic Number Plates
FRSC Cracks Down on Fake Diplomatic Number Plates
Comments (0)
Be the first to share your thoughts.
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.