Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists Kill Police Inspector, Seven Others in Adamawa
Suspected Boko Haram insurgents attacked Gaya community in Adamawa, killing a police inspector and several civilians.
Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have attacked Gaya community in Hong Local Government Area of Adamawa State, killing a police inspector and seven civilians.
The attack reportedly occurred on Monday night when the gunmen invaded the community and targeted two houses, which they subsequently set ablaze.
Chairman of Hong Local Government Council, Aliyu Sa’ad, confirmed the incident on Tuesday, saying eight people were killed during the attack.
“The attackers came on the night of Monday and launched a bloody attack on two houses, burnt the houses and killed one police officer and seven civilians,” Sa’ad said.
He added that security personnel had been deployed to the community to track down the attackers and prevent further attacks.
The military, police, local hunters and other security agencies were reportedly involved in the search operation.
However, the Adamawa State Police Command gave an initial account that differed from the casualty figure provided by the council chairman.
The command’s spokesperson, Suleiman Nguroje, said the police had received information that the bodies of five people, comprising four civilians and a police inspector, were recovered after the attackers left the area.
Nguroje said security personnel were still awaiting further updates from the area as the operation continued.
“The report we received from the area is that on Monday night, dead bodies of five people were recovered, four civilians and an inspector of police, after the attackers left,” he said.
He explained that troops and other security personnel, including vigilantes and hunters, had been deployed to search for the perpetrators.
“We are still waiting for an update, since troops have been deployed with all the security agencies, including vigilante and hunters, to hunt for the attackers,” he added.
The police spokesperson assured that the command would provide additional information as the situation became clearer.
The latest incident adds to the security challenges facing Hong Local Government Area, which has experienced repeated attacks attributed to insurgents in recent months.
Authorities are expected to intensify security operations in the affected community while efforts continue to establish the full circumstances and confirmed casualty figures from the attack.
Related stories
News
Monaco Release Pogba After Injury-Plagued Spell
AS Monaco have mutually agreed to terminate Paul Pogba’s contract after just one season at the French club. The 33-year-old made only six appearances, totalling 115 minutes, as recurring injuries limited his return from an 18-month doping ban.
News
Musiala Reassures Fans After Neurological Diagnosis
Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala has reassured fans that he is doing well after being diagnosed with brief, temporary absence seizures linked to a neurological dysfunction. The 23-year-old said the condition is treatable, that he is receiving specialist medical care and that neurological experts have cleared him to continue playing football.
News
Tokyo Opposes US Sanctions on Japanese ICC Chief
Japan has opposed US sanctions imposed on International Criminal Court President Tomoko Akane, describing the measures as “very unfortunate”. Tokyo reaffirmed its support for the ICC and its efforts to prosecute serious international crimes and uphold the rule of law.
News
Osun’s Renewable Energy Policies Earn Adeleke Top Award
Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has received a Green Leadership Award in recognition of his administration’s efforts to promote climate action, renewable energy, environmental sustainability and a green economy in the state.
Comments (0)
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.