Musiala Reassures Fans After Neurological Diagnosis
Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala has reassured fans that he is doing well after being diagnosed with brief, temporary absence seizures linked to a neurological dysfunction. The 23-year-old said the condition is treatable, that he is receiving specialist medical care and that neurological experts have cleared him to continue playing football.
Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala has reassured fans about his health after revealing that he has been diagnosed with brief, temporary absence seizures linked to a neurological dysfunction.
Musiala made the disclosure on Tuesday through a statement on Instagram, following two recent incidents in which he collapsed during Bayern Munich pre-season matches.
The 23-year-old said he was doing well and thanked supporters for their messages and concern.
He explained that the episodes were behind the worrying moments witnessed during matches against RB Leipzig and Heidenheim.
Musiala said the condition was treatable and that he was receiving specialist medical care, with Bayern Munich and his close circle supporting him throughout the process.
He stressed that there was no additional health risk associated with the condition.
The Germany international said that, after regular consultations with specialists and receiving medical clearance from neurological experts, he had chosen to continue playing football.
He said remaining active and pursuing his passion for football were helping him through the recovery process.
Musiala also expressed optimism about his recovery, saying he felt positive and believed he was on the right path.
He urged supporters to respect his privacy and said he wanted further details about his condition to remain within his close circle, Bayern Munich and his medical experts.
The latest diagnosis followed his second on-field collapse in four days, after he went down shortly after coming on as a substitute during Bayern’s 4-2 friendly victory over Heidenheim.
He had previously collapsed during Bayern’s 3-1 friendly win over RB Leipzig.
Musiala missed a significant part of last season after suffering a serious ankle injury and fractured fibula at the 2025 FIFA Club World Cup.
Despite the latest health concerns, the midfielder remains determined to continue his football career after receiving clearance from specialists.
Related stories
News
Monaco Release Pogba After Injury-Plagued Spell
AS Monaco have mutually agreed to terminate Paul Pogba’s contract after just one season at the French club. The 33-year-old made only six appearances, totalling 115 minutes, as recurring injuries limited his return from an 18-month doping ban.
News
Tokyo Opposes US Sanctions on Japanese ICC Chief
Japan has opposed US sanctions imposed on International Criminal Court President Tomoko Akane, describing the measures as “very unfortunate”. Tokyo reaffirmed its support for the ICC and its efforts to prosecute serious international crimes and uphold the rule of law.
News
Osun’s Renewable Energy Policies Earn Adeleke Top Award
Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has received a Green Leadership Award in recognition of his administration’s efforts to promote climate action, renewable energy, environmental sustainability and a green economy in the state.
News
Tinubu to Address World Leaders at UN General Assembly September 23
President Bola Tinubu will address world leaders at the 81st Session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York on September 23, 2026. He is scheduled to speak during the morning session and is expected to use the platform to highlight Nigeria’s reforms, discuss regional security and seek international support for border policing in West Africa.
Comments (0)
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.