Trending
News

Dangote Refinery Secures $1bn Backing for Planned IPO

The Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals has secured a $1 billion underwriting programme ahead of its planned Initial Public Offering (IPO). The programme comprises a funded $600 million private placement and a further $400 million underwriting commitment, with investors expected to include sovereign wealth funds, governments and institutional investors.

Daniel Momodu · · 2
Dangote Refinery Secures $1bn Backing for Planned IPO

The Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals has secured a $1 billion underwriting programme ahead of its planned Initial Public Offering (IPO).

The programme, structured by Marob Strategies and Consulting DIFC Ltd and Lilium Capital Group, comprises a completed and funded $600 million private placement and a further $400 million underwriting commitment in support of the planned IPO.

The Dangote Group said in a statement on Tuesday that the $600 million private placement had been underwritten and funded by Pan-African Refinery Investment SPV, a subsidiary of Lilium Capital Group.

It added that Marob Strategies and Lilium Capital were coordinating the distribution of the underwriting participation across Global Africa, targeting sovereign wealth funds, governments, institutional investors and other eligible investors.

The advisers said the response had been strong, reflecting growing institutional interest in large-scale African assets with long-term economic potential.

The programme is also expected to facilitate greater intra-African capital flows and contribute to the development of a more integrated African capital market under the African Continental Free Trade Area.

President and Chief Executive Officer of Dangote Industries Limited, Aliko Dangote, described the transaction as an important milestone for the refinery and African capital markets.

The $400 million underwriting commitment is expected to be implemented when the IPO is launched, subject to market conditions and regulatory approvals.

The refinery has applied to the Securities and Exchange Commission to raise up to $5 billion through the IPO, which could become Africa's largest public offering.

The $20 billion refinery, located near Lagos, has a refining capacity of about 700,000 barrels of crude oil per day and has attracted increased international investor interest amid disruptions to global energy supplies.

The planned IPO is expected to broaden ownership of the refinery and attract more long-term capital into Nigeria's energy sector.

The development also comes after the refinery recently completed a $2.5 billion private placement, which attracted strong demand from African and international institutional investors.

Share this story

Comments (0)

  1. Be the first to share your thoughts.

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.

Not published.

Related stories

Ogogo’s Daughter Debunks Death Rumour News

Ogogo’s Daughter Debunks Death Rumour

The daughter of veteran Yoruba actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, has debunked reports claiming that the actor has died, describing the reports as false and urging the public to stop spreading fake news. The clarification comes as the actor continues to battle stage-four cancer.

Aug 18, 2026
Tinubu Support Group Kicks Off 2027 Campaign With 3,000-Man Walk News

Tinubu Support Group Kicks Off 2027 Campaign With 3,000-Man Walk

A support group backing President Bola Tinubu’s 2027 re-election bid has commenced its campaign activities with a 3,000-man solidarity walk, aimed at mobilising grassroots support and promoting the President’s administration ahead of the 2027 general elections.

Aug 18, 2026
ADC Collaborated With Accord to Defeat APC in Osun, Says Abdullahi News

ADC Collaborated With Accord to Defeat APC in Osun, Says Abdullahi

The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has disclosed that it deliberately collaborated with the Accord Party during the August 15 Osun governorship election to prevent the All Progressives Congress (APC) from winning the poll. The party said defeating the APC was its primary objective, even though its candidate, Najeem Salam, did not win.

Aug 18, 2026
Obi Demands Credible 2027 Polls, Urges Nigerians to Reject Violent Politicians News

Obi Demands Credible 2027 Polls, Urges Nigerians to Reject Violent Politicians

Presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress, Peter Obi, has called for peaceful, issue-based campaigns ahead of the 2027 general elections and urged Nigerians to reject politicians who promote violence or violate electoral peace agreements. He also demanded an election where voters’ choices would count.

Aug 18, 2026