Hospitals Refusing to Treat Our Father, Nollywood Actor Ogogo’s Daughters Cry Out Over Stage-Four Cancer
Daughters of veteran actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, appeal for medical help after hospitals reportedly stop his cancer treatment.
Two daughters of veteran Yoruba actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, have appealed for urgent medical assistance after revealing that their father is battling stage-four cancer.
The daughters, Lima and Kira Taiwo, made separate emotional appeals on Instagram on Monday, asking Nigerians, well-wishers and medical professionals with experience in cancer treatment to help their father access further care.
In a video shared on her Instagram page, Lima said the actor’s condition had deteriorated and that hospitals had reportedly declined to continue treating him.
She stressed that the family was not seeking financial donations but was looking for a hospital or medical professional willing to take on his case.
According to her, the family only became aware of the seriousness of the actor’s condition about three weeks earlier, despite the fact that his appearance had not initially suggested that he was seriously ill.
Lima appealed to medical professionals and anyone with connections to cancer treatment facilities to assist the family in finding possible treatment options.
In a separate video, Kira disclosed that her father’s cancer was at stage four and said the hospital treating him had reportedly indicated that it could no longer administer chemotherapy.
She also appealed to anyone capable of providing cancer treatment to contact the family, stressing that their priority was medical intervention rather than financial assistance.
Kira acknowledged the support of Senator Yayi, whom she said had been helping the family and covering medical bills during the difficult period.
The emotional appeal came as the family struggled to cope with the actor’s deteriorating condition.
Kira said she had never seen her father in such pain and disclosed that he had expressed fear about dying.
She urged medical professionals, hospitals and other healthcare providers with expertise in cancer treatment to contact the family if they could offer further assistance.
Hassan, 66, is a veteran of the Nigerian film industry whose career spans more than four decades. He has featured in hundreds of films and remains one of the prominent figures in Yoruba-language cinema.
The actor’s daughters said they were willing to explore available treatment options in an effort to give their father another chance.
As of the time of filing this report, the actor’s management and family had not issued a formal statement providing further details about his diagnosis, the specific type of cancer or the hospitals involved.
The family’s appeal has continued to attract attention online, with supporters and well-wishers expressing concern over the veteran actor’s condition and calling for assistance.
Related stories
News
Xenophobia: Nigerian Govt to Evacuate 83 More Nigerians From South Africa Wednesday
Federal Government says 83 Nigerians will return from South Africa Wednesday as diplomatic efforts continue over Afrophobic attacks.
News
Ukum Attack: Benue People Tired of Counting Bodies — Aondoakaa
Aondoakaa urges urgent security operations in Ukum, saying Benue residents are exhausted by repeated killings, displacement and unfulfilled promises.
News
Abuja Flood: ‘Wike Definitely Worsened Problem Immensely’ — Senator Kingibe
Senator Kingibe says unchecked construction and blocked waterways have worsened Abuja flooding, blaming Wike for intensifying existing problems.
News
Customs Names Importers Behind Seized 399 Pump-Action Rifles
Customs identifies Robert Eze and Ejiogu Godson as suspects linked to 399 rifles seized at Tin-Can Island Port.
Comments (0)
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.