Police Re-Arrest Eight of 11 Suspects Who Escaped Custody in Delta
The Delta State Police Command has re-arrested eight of 11 suspects who escaped from lawful custody at a police facility in Ughelli. The police said intelligence-led efforts led to the recapture of the suspects, while the remaining three are still being pursued. The case is under investigation at the State Criminal Investigation Department in Asaba.
The Delta State Police Command has re-arrested eight of 11 suspects who allegedly escaped from lawful custody at a police facility in Ughelli.
The Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Ani Iniedu, disclosed this in a statement issued at the Force Headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday.
He said the suspects were re-arrested following intelligence-led efforts by police operatives.
“Following the escape of 11 suspects from lawful custody at a police facility in Ughelli, concerted police efforts led to the re-arrest of eight suspects,” he said.
Iniedu said the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department in Asaba for further investigation.
He added that efforts were ongoing to apprehend the remaining three suspects who escaped custody.
The development formed part of the Nigeria Police Force’s 24-hour operational successes recorded across the country.
The police assured the public that investigations would continue to establish the circumstances surrounding the escape and ensure that all those involved were brought to justice.
Related stories
News
Ogogo’s Daughter Debunks Death Rumour
The daughter of veteran Yoruba actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, has debunked reports claiming that the actor has died, describing the reports as false and urging the public to stop spreading fake news. The clarification comes as the actor continues to battle stage-four cancer.
News
Tinubu Support Group Kicks Off 2027 Campaign With 3,000-Man Walk
A support group backing President Bola Tinubu’s 2027 re-election bid has commenced its campaign activities with a 3,000-man solidarity walk, aimed at mobilising grassroots support and promoting the President’s administration ahead of the 2027 general elections.
News
ADC Collaborated With Accord to Defeat APC in Osun, Says Abdullahi
The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has disclosed that it deliberately collaborated with the Accord Party during the August 15 Osun governorship election to prevent the All Progressives Congress (APC) from winning the poll. The party said defeating the APC was its primary objective, even though its candidate, Najeem Salam, did not win.
News
Obi Demands Credible 2027 Polls, Urges Nigerians to Reject Violent Politicians
Presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress, Peter Obi, has called for peaceful, issue-based campaigns ahead of the 2027 general elections and urged Nigerians to reject politicians who promote violence or violate electoral peace agreements. He also demanded an election where voters’ choices would count.
Comments (0)
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.