Fury Says Joshua Fight in Doubt Over Money Dispute
Tyson Fury says his long-awaited fight with Anthony Joshua may not happen, blaming promoter Eddie Hearn for seeking more money from Saudi boxing financier Turki Alalshikh. Fury and Joshua are understood to have signed contracts for a November 20 bout in New York, but Hearn says some aspects of the deal remain unresolved.
Former heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has raised doubts over his proposed bout with Anthony Joshua, accusing Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, of demanding more money to finalise the fight.
Fury made the claim in a social media post on Saturday, saying the long-awaited contest now “doesn’t look like it’s going to happen” because of the ongoing dispute over the terms of the deal.
Joshua and Fury are understood to have signed contracts for a November 20 heavyweight clash in New York City.
However, Hearn has maintained that some aspects of the agreement still need to be resolved before the fight can be confirmed.
Fury accused Hearn and Joshua of seeking additional financial terms from Saudi boxing financier Turki Alalshikh despite the deals they had previously secured through Saudi-linked boxing and other sporting ventures.
The 38-year-old Briton also criticised Hearn over the negotiations, suggesting that the promoter’s financial demands could derail the bout.
The proposed fight has been one of the most anticipated heavyweight contests in recent years, with both former world champions having repeatedly been linked with a meeting.
Fury’s latest comments have therefore cast fresh uncertainty over whether the November 20 date will go ahead as planned.
Related stories
Sports
Chelsea Tie Joao Pedro Down to Long-Term Deal Until 2032
Chelsea have extended Joao Pedro’s contract until 2032 after his impressive debut season, in which he scored 20 goals.
Sports
EPL: Ajayi Scores as Hull City Shock Man United 2-0
Nigerian defender Semi Ajayi scored as newly promoted Hull City stunned Manchester United 2-0 in their Premier League opener.
Sports
Carrick Admits Man Utd Have ‘A Lot to Learn’ After Shock Hull Defeat
Michael Carrick admits Manchester United have plenty to improve after a shock 2-0 defeat to promoted Hull City in their Premier League opener.
Sports
Ajayi Scores as Hull Shock Man United in 2-0 Win
Nigerian defender Semi Ajayi scored as newly promoted Hull City stunned Manchester United 2-0 in their opening Premier League fixture. Ajayi struck in the 17th minute before Nobel Mendy doubled Hull’s lead in the first half.
Comments (0)
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.