Trending
News

Borno Abductions: Parents Fear for Children’s Lives Nearly 100 Days in Captivity

Borno schoolchildren have spent nearly 100 days in captivity, with parents pleading with Tinubu to urgently secure their safe release.

Damilare Adebayo · · 7
Borno Abductions: Parents Fear for Children’s Lives Nearly 100 Days in Captivity

A parent of schoolchildren abducted in Borno State has appealed to President Bola Tinubu to urgently intervene in securing their release, saying families remain uncertain about whether the children are still alive nearly 100 days after their abduction.

The parent, who spoke with News Central TV, expressed anguish over the continued captivity of the children, who were abducted on May 15, 2026—the same day students and teachers were kidnapped from a school in Oyo State.

While the Oyo State victims were subsequently rescued, the Borno children have remained in captivity, heightening anxiety among their families.

The parent questioned why the two groups of children, abducted on the same day, had received different outcomes.

“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, what I have to tell him now, let him rule Nigeria with equal destiny, equal value,” the parent said.

“Those of Oyo State have been rescued for over a month, while our children are still in captivity for almost 100 days.”

The prolonged uncertainty has reportedly taken a severe emotional and physical toll on the families, with some parents hospitalised.

The parent appealed to the Federal Government to intensify efforts to locate and rescue the children safely.

“Please, we need government to rescue our children and bring them back to us. Some of us cannot even speak to the media because of the conditions. Some of us are still in the hospital up to now,” the parent said.

Concern was also raised over the young ages of some of the abducted children. The parent said some victims were only a few years old when they were taken.

“My daughter reached her own four years on 17 July last month. Well, others are still there in captivity, younger than my own daughter,” the parent said.

The parent said the lack of credible information about the children’s condition had made the situation increasingly unbearable.

“We don’t know, even me as I’m speaking like this, I don’t know whether our children are still alive or they are dead,” the parent lamented.

The families are particularly worried about whether the children have access to food, shelter and adequate care.

The parent therefore called on Tinubu to make the children’s safe return a priority, stressing that the families’ only demand was to have their children brought home alive and in good health.


Share this story

Comments (0)

  1. Be the first to share your thoughts.

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before publishing. Your email is never published.

Not published.

Related stories